Aruba Virtual Controller:
Aruba Virtual Controller technology, part of the Aruba Instant software, allows a single Access Point (AP) to serve as the network’s master controller. This eliminates the need for a separate controller hardware, reducing costs and simplifying deployment. The Virtual Controller can manage up to 128 APs and provides advanced features such as adaptive radio management, spectrum analysis, and wireless intrusion protection. The latest models of Aruba APs that support Virtual Controller technology include Aruba AP-315, AP-325, and AP-535.
Aruba Instant On Switch:
Aruba Instant On Switches are designed for small businesses, providing secure and high-speed connectivity. They are easy to set up and manage via the Aruba Instant On mobile app. The switches come with features like Quality of Service (QoS), VLANs, and rate limiting. The latest models in the Instant On Switch series include the Aruba Instant On 1930 switches, which come in 8, 24, and 48-port models with or without PoE and with optional SFP uplinks for fiber connectivity.
Aruba Access Points:
Aruba Access Points (APs) provide secure and high-speed wireless connectivity. They are designed for a variety of environments, from small businesses to large enterprises. Aruba’s Instant On APs are particularly popular for their easy setup and management, strong coverage, and built-in security. Some of the latest and popular models include:
- Aruba Instant On AP25: Designed for high-density environments with superior performance, coverage, and speed. Ideal for tech start-ups, gaming, boutique hotels, and professional offices.
- Aruba Instant On AP11: Supports up to 50 active devices and is perfect for light usage like email, file-sharing apps, and internet browsing.
- Aruba Instant On AP12: Supports up to 75 active devices and is ideal for moderate usage like voice, video, and music streaming, and file-sharing apps.
- Aruba Instant On AP15: Supports up to 100 active devices and is built for high Wi-Fi usage such as video conferences, multimedia, critical apps, gaming, and content creation.
- Aruba Instant On AP22: Supports up to 75 active devices and is designed to handle a high volume of connected devices. This Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6 (Wi-Fi 6) access point is perfect for reimagined offices, schools, and retail/hospitality businesses.
Latest and Popular Aruba Models of Wireless Access points:
Aruba Indoor Access Points
Here’s an expanded summary of Aruba’s Wi-Fi 6, Wi-Fi 6E, and Wi-Fi 5 campus access points:
Wi-Fi 6E Access Points:
650 Series: Aruba’s most powerful Wi-Fi 6E indoor access point, offering up to 7.8 Gbps combined peak data rate. It features high availability with configurable 5 Gbps dual Ethernet ports.
630 Series: This high-capacity Wi-Fi 6E access point provides up to 3.9 Gbps combined peak data rate and supports up to seven 160 MHz channels in the 6 GHz band.
610 Series: A compact, affordable Wi-Fi 6E access point with a dual radio, tri-band architecture. It offers up to 3.6 Gbps combined peak data rate when operating in the 5 GHz and 6 GHz bands.
Wi-Fi 6 Access Points:
550 Series: Aruba’s flagship Wi-Fi 6 campus access point, ideal for extreme-density mobile and IoT environments. It supports either 8×8 or dual 4×4 5GHz radios.
530 Series: A high-performance Wi-Fi 6 campus access point, ideal for high-density mobile and IoT deployments. It supports bi-directional MU-MIMO.
510 Series: A mid-range Wi-Fi 6 campus access point equipped with a 2.5 Gbps Smart Rate port, making it ideal for campus deployments.
500 Series: An entry-level Wi-Fi 6 campus access point that offers full-feature support with 802.3af PoE. It’s ideal for medium-density deployments.
503 Series: The most cost-effective Wi-Fi 6 indoor access point in Aruba’s lineup. It offers full feature support with 802.3af PoE and has the option to add IoT support with an expansion radio.
Wi-Fi 5 Access Points:
340 Series: A high-performance Wi-Fi 5 campus access point that supports dual 4×4 5GHz Wi-Fi and scales up to multi-gig Ethernet.
303 Series: A low-cost Wi-Fi 5 campus access point, ideal for medium-density enterprise environments.
Aruba Outdoor Access Points
Thank you for the additional information. Here’s a summary of Aruba’s outdoor and ruggedized access points:
Wi-Fi 6 Outdoor Access Points:
580 Series: This offers ultimate outdoor Wi-Fi 6 performance and speed. It features Bluetooth and 802.15.4/Zigbee radios with high power, dual redundant power/port failover, and support for AC.
580EX Series: This access point offers ultimate Wi-Fi 6 performance for hazardous locations. It features Bluetooth and 802.15.4/Zigbee radios with high power, dual redundant power/port failover, and support for AC.
570 Series: This is a high-performance Wi-Fi 6 outdoor access point with built-in BLE and Zigbee support. It’s ideal for high-density outdoor environments.
570EX Series: This high-performance Wi-Fi 6 access point is designed for hazardous locations. It has built-in BLE and Zigbee support and is ideal for high-density outdoor environments.
560 Series: This is a low-cost Wi-Fi 6 outdoor access point with a small form factor for maximum flexibility. It’s ideal for outdoor and warehouse environments.
560EX Series: This Wi-Fi 6 access point is designed for hazardous locations with support for extreme temperatures. It has a small form factor for maximum flexibility and has Class 1 Division 2 and ATEX Zone 2 certification.
518 Series: This is a high-performance Wi-Fi 6 ruggedized access point that supports both indoor and outdoor mounting brackets for maximum flexibility. It’s ideal for harsh weather-protected and extreme-temperature environments.
Wi-Fi 5 Outdoor Access Points:
387 Series: This high-performance outdoor Point-to-Point access point supports 60Ghz and 5Ghz out to 400m. It’s easy to deploy with a self-aligning 60Ghz array.
370 Series: This high-performance Wi-Fi 5 outdoor access point offers maximum outdoor coverage. It’s ideal for outdoor environments where a fiber uplink is required.
370EX Series: This high-performance Wi-Fi 5 outdoor access point is ideal for hazardous locations and outdoor environments where a fiber uplink is required.
360 Series: This low-cost 802.11ac Wave 2 access point is ideal for outdoor enterprise environments.
318 Series: This high-performance Wi-Fi 5 ruggedized access point supports both indoor and outdoor mounting brackets for maximum flexibility. It’s ideal for harsh, weather-protected environments.
Aruba Access Points can operate in different modes, and the licensing requirements can vary depending on the mode of operation.
- Aruba Instant Mode: In this mode, one of the APs dynamically takes the role of a Virtual Controller (VC) and the APs form an Instant WLAN (I-WLAN). In Instant mode, there is no need for licensing.
- Controller-Based Mode: In this mode, the APs are managed by a Mobility Controller. For this setup, licenses are required on the Mobility Controller. There are different types of licenses, such as AP licenses (for the number of APs), PEFNG (Policy Enforcement Firewall Next Generation), RF Protect, etc.
- Remote AP (RAP) Mode: This mode is for APs deployed in remote or home offices and connect back to a Mobility Controller in the corporate office. These also require licenses on the Mobility Controller.
- Spectrum Monitor Mode: This mode is for dedicated air monitoring and requires licenses on the Mobility Controller.
Please note that licensing requirements can change, and it’s always a good idea to check with Aruba website for most accurate and up-to-date information. Cablify is an Authorized Reseller and leading Wireless Access Point Installation company in Toronto Area.